[real-eyes] Re: Iphone question/reaction time

  • From: "Fettgather, Jim" <jfettgather@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 20:59:09 +0000

See answers below:
1. When your Iphone rings, how do you locate the "answer" button quickly enough
to answer it while it's still ringing? I tend to take a while to locate various
apps because I locate them by sliding my finger along the phone until the app
anounces itself.

Two finger double tap answers the phone.
2. When you have to dial numbers quickly e.g. entering a password for voice
mail, how do you do it quickly enough for the system not to throw you off?

What I do is to enter the number into Contacts, placing a comma after the
number and before the pass code or voice mailbox or whatever I need to dial.
Warning!  Just don't lose your phone with all those passcodes programmed in.
3. When you're working in another app and the phone rings, is it easy for you
to quickly locate the answer "button" and answer it?
Again, no need to worry, two-finger double tap answers a call.
4. I remember there was some sort of complication discussed on this list having
to do with hanging up the phone after your call is completed. What was it and
how do you revolve it?
When you take the phone away from your ear, the speaker phone is engaged, at
which time you can do a two finger double tap to end the call.
5. Do any of you Iphone users wish you had stayed with cell phones that have
actual buttons on them?

I have met several dozen folks over the last two and a half years using
iPhones, only a few decided that the touch screen was not for them.

Since you have an iPod, you already know how to use the phone.