[real-eyes] Re: JAWS Expert Needed

  • From: "Fettgather, Jim" <jfettgather@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 13:18:25 +0000

Hi Mitch, did you ever actually use System Restore to roll back your PC to an
earlier date?

The only thing that I can come up with to cause Jaws to randomly repeat letters
in the way that you suggest is that the Jaws Screen Echo could have been
toggled to All instead of highlighted.  The command to toggle this setting is
Insert S.

Just to determine whether there is a problem with your Jaws installation, I
really would consider installing a demo copy of another version, any version,
all prior versions are available from the FS web site.  Or, install the highly
acclaimed NVDA.
www.nvda-project.org
There is a portable version that will not compromise your system in any way and
works very well.

In that way, you would know right away whether the problem is screen reader
specific or symptoms of a problem with the OS.
Thanks.