[real-eyes] Re: Fw: Carnival Freedom Group cruise

  • From: "Todd Schoeller" <schoellert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 07:32:29 -0500

Hello,

I tried this before but don't think it went through.  Here it is again if it
didn't.

I believe that sea sickness or any motion sickness has to do with your
equalibrium in your ear canal.  All of the inner ear stuff I don't know all
the technical terminology, but I believe that the tour guide was mistaken.
There is a part in the inner ear that is real close to the brain that is
effected in times of movement.  The question is how prone are you to getting
motion sickness?  There are also things that you can do to prevent this.
Some use wrist straps that help them, and others use medication that can be
bought at any Wal Mart pharmacy.  It is an OTC drug and if you use this you
should look for non drowsy.  If taken a hour before a cruise departure you
should be fine through the whole cruise.  I mean take it before and through
out the cruise.

Hope this is of some use to you.

Todd