[racktables-users] Re: Cacti support

  • From: Jonathan Thurman <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:04:29 -0700

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 8:25 AM, David Comerford <davestyle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I haven't been following the Cacti support much, but I am very much looking
> forward to it.
> Is Cacti's HTTP authentication going to need to be disabled for this to
> work? Or is there a dedicated local user approach?

The Cacti feature was written and tested using Cacti's Builtin
Authentication method.  The following four User Interface
configuration options are used to control the feature:

List of object with Cacti graphs (Set to true to enable the 'Cacti
Graphs' tab on objects that don't already have graphs)
Cacti server base URL (i.e. http://localhost/cacti/
Cacti user account
Cacti user password

For security reasons, I would suggest using a dedicated Cacti user
account for Racktables, with permissions to view the graphs you want
displayed.

-Jonathan