[ql06] Re: CRIMINAL: Alan Young's new book

  • From: "Dawn Livicker" <dlivicker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ql06@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:08:44 -0400

Yep we met last March... it's strange how naive I feel I was then....
btw, I'm lovin' the listserve... and I think the QCLU idea is a great one...
does anyone have an idea on how to start a club?

Also, to clarify on my rant about the security certificates -- I'm fine with
closed-door trials when national security is at risk... the problems with
these certificates is that there IS no trial, ever. Also, it is important to
note that people who are in Canada illegally have a better shot at being
heard by an immigration adjudicator (as happened with the recent 21
detainees) than citizens or landed immigrants or those here on ministerial
visas who get tossed into a deep dark hole.

Also, on a totally different note, I think we should try to get together
(all of us from the newserve) for a beer and some face to face debating....
suggestions?

Cheers
Dawn