[ql06] Re: PUBLIC: Civil liberties

  • From: mark bumstead <2mab8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ql06@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 23:54:25 -0400

:-)

You caught me on the theatre bit.  I had theatre but without a reference -
which I am way beyond doing at this hour - it sounded plagiaristic.

We'll have to differ on Zundel.  I disagree that he can spout shit wherever
he chooses.  In private, he can blow chunks for all I care - as long as
chunks isn't his dog.  But when he spouts off in a public forum, he should
be held accountable for the accuracy of those words.  He holds himself out
to be an expert, and just as a doctor who knowingly gives dangerous advice
is held accountable for that advice, so should Zundel be.

Ya, it was Brownstone, which to me is a type of building, not a judge.

Yes, economic tyranny of the minority is wrong also.  When a small,
incestuous group controls the economy, the little guy - in this case the
majority - does not have equal opportunity: there is no equality as you say
law is about. Not sure where that comes from, but hey, everyone has an
opinion. ;- ) Mine is that law is about balancing power: it takes from the
strong, and gives to the weak.  Isn't that the real thrust of Human Rights
legislation: assisting those without the power to help themselves?  If they
held the balance of power, they would use it to get what they wanted
without legislation.

  Mark Bumstead