[python] Re: steering

  • From: Stefan Bartels <sbartels@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 08:26:20 +0200

Thank you, Carl
Great idea with the  male thread. I didn't even know what you call this stuff in my native language, I only knew that my kids use it when they build LEGO technical models LOL.
Do you by any chance have a close-up picture of your arrangement of swivels?
Thanks again
Stefan

Carl Punton schrieb:
Hi Stefan,
  I've used 12mm on the Python I'm building, should be strong enough, some people have used 10mm, personally I would only use 10mm if they were spaced a long way apart, say 25cm to reduce the loads on them.  Also the one in you picture has a female thread (needs a bolt), if you use one with a male thread it will take nuts then you can make adjustments to the steering angle.  Generally the size of the thread matches the size of the hole in the swivel.
Carl.

On 11/10/2007, Stefan Bartels <sbartels@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
A short question: if I do not use a BB for steering joint but something like this: (or rather two of them one above the other) what dimension should they be (diameter of the axis to be pushed through the hole)?
Thanks for any suggestions!
Stefan
gelenkkopf