[python] Re: steering

  • From: "Dirk Jan Luiting" <dj.luiting@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:20:10 +0200

Hi Stefan,

From the time when i was 16, i remember those bushings, being part of the
backwheel suspension of Kreidlers
(anybody familiar with them?) The bushings would be fitted inside a tube,
attached to the frame.
The swingarm for the backwheel would then be attached to the frame by a long
boult goung through that pipe,
The problem with Kreidlers was that these bushings would go lod, and the
whole swingarm and backwheel would flop
form left to right in corners. not nice, specially when you were driving
fast. ;-)

so i have some bad experience with that.
but maybe the quality of those bushings changed over the years.

these rod-ends are adjustable as well, so it is a flexible solution, handy!

by the way, pythonauts, i happen to be the webmaster of the Dutch company
www.bonnekamp.nl
they also offer a wide range of these products (kogelstangkoppen)
maybe i could talk them ito discounts for endorsement or something

friendly greetings, Dirk Jan