[python] Re: Just some pics

  • From: "Daryl Bender" <darylb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:08:07 -0400

-----Original Message-----
snip...

        Daryl, why did you choose a brass pivot for the rear suspension?
Don't you fear that there might be too much wear?

The brass part should be the one that wears and if it does wear out
completely should take 1/2hr to make a new one. The thought is I'd
rather replace the pin than the frame. If I'm out to lunch here (aren't
I always?) I can make a steel pin just as quick if the brass one wears
too quickly.

        The cavity in the pivot side sheets is a good idea because you
will have enough clearance for the steering stop if you make one.

 <<pivot.gif>>
That's the plan. It took a fair amount of figuring to get that and still
have some meat for a kick stand pivot hole. There's a lot that comes
together in that small area. I also will put in a small trapezoidal
block above and behind the kick stand pivot hole which will act as a
kick stand stop (both up & down). See attached gif (Kick stand not
shown).

Cheers
Daryl