[python] Re: Front suspension update

  • From: Vi Vuong <vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 23:19:16 -0800 (PST)

Hi Steffen,

Since I have been more occupied with the shock-leg interference than anything
else, I didn't think much of PDI (probably none / little).  However, PDI may be
as bad as road disturbance for steering (PSI?).  Now that the bike is more
comfortable, I can focus on steering over bumps to see if suspension is worth
it...

Regarding welding, I started out brazing with MAPP gas cans, then moved up to
flux core wire welder.  Both methods allow me to work outside at home.  The
flux core wire is much stronger, easier, and more forgiving, but I am pushing
it by not doing any surface cleaning at all (just hold my breath while welding
:).  When I can access a facility with MIG/TIG, I would like to give stainless
steel a try like Patrick's beautiful work.

Cheers,

Vi