[python] Re: Front suspension update

  • From: Ronald Hongsermeier <rwhongser@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 17:50:29 +0100

Thanks Vi, how tall are you, what is your x-seam length?

regards,
ron

On 25.11.2011 17:39, Vi Vuong wrote:

Hi Ron,

In the video, going left is faster than going right. The tires are about the same pressure, although it seems that the 20" is software, probably because it takes more hit. Some instance you can see that the rear 24" takes more hit then then front, at slower speed.

The 20" feels rougher, but I can't feel any difference in steering disturbance vs. the 24". Will need compare random bumps on the trail...

Vi

------------------------

Hi Vi,
Can you give us a reaction, maybe also on the python list of what your subjective feeling was while riding the different bikes? Great vids in general from you by the way!
regards,
Ron Hongsermeier

        Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 20:17:42 -0800
        From: vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx
        To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

        Thanks Steffen and Patrick for concerns and ideas.  I have
        added two tubes (handle bars) as Patrick suggested, which also
        strengthens the shock joint.  I promise not to do any jumping
        unless in controlled testing (safe). The original goal is to
        see how much front suspension can reduce road disturbance to
        steering, which perhaps can compensate for smaller wheels /
        tires...

        Steffen's idea is similar to this full suspension python built
        in 2008,
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/python_uploads/2827143639, which
        I wish I saw before building mine.  This design seems stronger
        / lighter / more compact.  Any thoughts?

        Vi