[pure-silver] Re: waaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic question

  • From: "Eric Neilsen" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 12:41:19 -0500

Myron,  Cibachrome prints are a great example of a image type that can
benefit from a lamination. However it should be  done right so as not to
take away from the look and permanence that the print has to start with. Why
laminate? To keep the moisture from going in and out of the print taking any
tiny amounts of color, particularly Magenta, out of the print. With RC
silver gelatin, one might want to keep the absorption of pollutants down to
a minimum. I would use a non absorbing substrate too like plexi or aluminum.

 At to Crystal Clear? The manufacture should be able to answer that.

Eric Neilsen
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226
214-827-8301