[pure-silver] Re: spotting on RC

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, AhYouBecky@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:31:57 -0500 (EST)

From: AhYouBecky@xxxxxxx
Subject: [pure-silver] spotting on RC
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:00:43 EST

> The RC isn't letting me spot them in the way that FB papers
> do. Also, I'm not sure that the sepia spot toner is the right
> color. HELP :)

I can spot RC prints. It takes a bit more patience but it is doable.
Use your regular technique, but allow more drying time before
repeating the same spot.

You should have several hues of spotone and mix them to make the hue
you need on a white dish. Also, have a piece of the same paper as your
final print, fixed and washed. Use it to test the hue and darkness of
the spotting mix.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."