[pure-silver] Re: safe light

  • From: "Bob Younger" <ryounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 07:05:45 -0700

I use primarily Ilford Multigrade and have the Thomas FCD filter
which according to the manufacturer is designed for use with
"some color print materials." My darkroom is more than
sufficiently lit, and I've run extended fog tests with allowable
exposure up to 30 minutes before perceptible fog.

I had a lot of problems with the B&W filter set for the Thomas;
the same I believe as the KODAK OC filter, though Thomas has a
different code on it. It would begin to fog within just beyond
normal print/dev times.

I just checked and the FCD filter set is a special order at B&H.
By the way, if you're looking at used filters, the FCD come with
black tape on the edges, and the OC filters I think have green
tape on them.

Bob Younger