[pure-silver] Re: safe light

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 15:44:47 +0200

Hi !
Orange light is "a coumpound color" so it can/may fall into the paper's
sensibility zone. Often, red fall outside this sensibility zone. The problem is
that our eyes are far less sensitive to red than to orange, so for comfort we
often choose orange over red.
But orange safelight will fog most B&W multigrade papers. the Forte, Foma and
maybe Efke (I can't tell for sure, as I do not use them, but if they ask for
red...)
If you still want to use orange and keep your contrast correct and the paper's
margin white, the light level will be so dimm that you'd better turn the
safelight off and save the electricity....
Just my 2 cents.