[pure-silver] Re: recessed lens board, was wide-angle lens for4x5

  • From: Mark <aerialphotos@xxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:35:17 -0500

Don Feinberg wrote:

Peter -- the only problem with the hole saws occurs when there is a rabbett to be made for the retaining ring. Not for every lens, but if there is such need, then the hole saw won't work very well.

Well I don't know about the installation in that I am very new to large format, but if you needed the round hole a hole saw should be the thing. Just how big of a rabbett do you need once its cut? Looks like you could cut the hole with a hole saw and use a rabbetting bit in a router to zip around the hole. Then your whole problem of the hole is no problem. Mark