[pure-silver] Re: pure-silver FAQ (stopbath kills fixer)

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 00:55:33 +0100

I don't know about this. I have never known anyone to actually like the
automated Q&A boards of any company. When people call-in with a problem,
they like to speak to someone and hate to be pushed aside to some electronic
answering service that they have to search through.
This group is as close as it gets to ?talk¹ to someone in person. Why change
a good thing? I never understood why it is such a problem to repeat answers.
Often, the question is slightly different anyway, or new information has
come to light since the last time the question was asked. Also, these
question always trigger new responses. Even repeated questions make for a
lively discussion.

If we create an automated Q&A, it is likely that few ?new¹ question will be
asked. New members will be pointed towards the automated system or database,
get frustrated and will not return. The list will get poorer, not richer,
from this proposal.

Let¹s not turn this list into a robot, just because a few members get tired
to repeat themselves!

Having said all of this, go and create a Q&A file, and make it available for
downloading, but do it as an additional service, not as a replacement for
the daily dialog.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht