[pure-silver] Re: matting square prints

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:47:57 +0100

Shannon Stoney a écrit :
> I am getting ready to mat some medium format prints. I printed them
> at 8"x8".  I am trying to figure out whether it is "normal" to mat
> them in a rectangular or square mat.  Would it make more sense for
> example to make the mat  16x16?  or 16x20?
>
> --shannon
Hi Shannon !
I make a lot of square pictures. Maybe I'm a square man ?
So, I often print them using 3 margins of equal sizes and the one at the
bottom slightly greater than the 3 other one. Just slightly.
It looks just off symetrical to be pleasing for the eyes.
It makes the "perfect" symetrical square a little odd so more human.
Well it's the way I see it and feel it.
Try yourself to see if it works for you.
Have a nice day !
--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
Aucun électron n'a été blessé ou forcé d'aucune manière