[pure-silver] Re: donuts on prints

  • From: afterswift@xxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 17:38:35 -0400

If the reflections exposed the negative within the camera, then the print would
show overexposure in all sorts of ways, depending on how the lens directed the
light rays.

I'd inspect the negative closely to find that overexposure. Frankly, I've never
come upon a bad enlarger lens or any problem with a standard brand enlarger.

Make sure your enlarger lamp is clean, is opal and the lens is clean. Although
I often use a Wollensack lens with a bubble in it that never affected the
print. It was the kit lens that came with my A2 Omega 35mm enlarger. It's even
better than my Nikon enlarger lens for contrast.

Bob