[pure-silver] Re: crazy experiment

  • From: "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:50:17 +0800

Dear Mark,

     Funny you should say that....The Xiograph picture was in vogue in some
dental publications around the turn of the 20th century. It was an oral
x-ray picture used as a negative and printed on photographic paper - and
eventually reproduced in the textbooks. I particularly remember some of
Edmund Kells' work. The pictures are quite disconcerting for a professional
to look at -we're so used to doing our diagnosis from the negative.

    Poor old Edmund was from the generation of dentists that held the films
in the patient's mouths with their own fingers whilst snuggled up next to
the Crook's tube. He eventually ended up with fewer fingers than when he
started - quite a lot fewer. Explains why I duck behind a brick wall when I
press the button!

     Uncle Dick BDSc ( WA )