[pure-silver] Re: buying photo stuff on ebay

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 18:55:16 +0200

Edward C. Zimmermann a écrit :
Quoting Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>:

Bill ,
If you use a sniper, you will often "win" auction just doing what you want. Bidding early just make the price go high because people seeing the low price arre tempted to bid on it. Refraining to bid up to the
Keep in mind that many self-bidders too use snipping to try to drive the
price of the final bid high. Experienced sellers can well judge the interest
and in many cases even the identity of potential snipers. When you place
an item under observation in your MyEbay folder the seller is notified.
Not the name but they can tell when. This is more information than meets the
eye. Items, for instance, going immediately into observation as they are
listed tells you a lot. Combine with experience and bids on similar items
and one can get a good feeling for who is interested and their probable
strategies.
My experience tells me the contrary.
I once emptied my cupboard and sold a lot on Ebay. The "more interesting" items where not monitored (2 to 3 people at most) and get a lot of bids in the last five minutes. I went to bed thinking I will have to re-list them and change something to sell them just to see them sold in the morning and at a quite high price tag. I, for one, get the item number in Bidninja but do not add it anymore into "my Ebay"... Especially if I group bid for one item. My last 50mm f1.8 Nikon lens come to mind. There where a couple dozen at the same time on Ebay. I choose 4 of them stated "in pristine order" get the item # into Bidninja and go fishing. When I came back, I had my 50 USD Nikon lens in it's box plus manual and waranty. Not a bad price. (I wanted the original version which is not made anymore, the one with metal barrel and made in Japan) But, of course, as whe are numerous on this planet all behaviour can exist ;-)
--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
S'il vous plaît, aidez nous à conserver nos ressources,