[pure-silver] Re: buying photo stuff on ebay

  • From: John Meyers <jmeyers102@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 05:14:45 -0700 (PDT)

As others have already said, most of the bidding
happens at the end of the auction, so it is very
common for a price to go way up in the last couple of
minutes.
There is no way for a seller to know what a bidder's
maximum bid is, so it is just coincidence that your
maximum of $100 happens to be what it sold for. (That
has happened to me too).  I think $100 (or 200, 300,
or 50) is a common break point that many people use as
a highest bid so it is not surprising that other
bidders did not bid more.

John Meyers

--- Shannon Stoney <shannonstoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>