[pure-silver] Re: Wayback - my first enlarger

  • From: Chauncey Walden <clwaldeniii@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 17:44:40 -0600

That DeJur Versatile Professional was a nice enlarger. The former Navy photo tech I got it from had purchased it new when he got home after the Big One. I converted it to a color head by adapting a Honeywell-Nikor 6x7 color head to replace the light head on the condenser can. When I got he Omega E I modified the adapter and moved the color head to its condenser can and restored the DeJur light head. The Durst 183 (the 183 is a 138 5x7 head on a 184 8x10 chassis) is a real jewel but it is too high for my darkroom so I can only use it on moonless nights.
Chauncey