[pure-silver] Re: Uneasy Question From Nervous Uncle - now becoming easier...

  • From: Dave Hornford <dave.hornford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:20:23 -0700

Stein wrote:

>Thanks muchly to all who have replied on this thread - it has helped me
>to clarify my thoughts. I have taken the practical step of purchasing a
>self-compositor stamp and am experimenting with stamping dire warnings on
>the back of prints. So far the ink is smearing but if I confine the stamp to
>the manila envelope that I deliver the print in it should still be seen.
>
>    Uncle Dick

If you go down the path of a stamp with dire warnings make sure your use
of the stamp with dire warnings conforms to your copyright law. In
Australia, an easy area to run astray in 'private commission works' -
there the copyright is retained by the commissioner. In order to
transfer the copyright to you (the photographer) the copyright holder
must explicitly transfer their copyright. Stamping a 'private
commissioned' photo '© Uncle Dick' doesn't make it so - it is still '©
Mother of difficult subject'.

Dave