[pure-silver] Re: Typical Printing Waste

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 15:20:19 -0700

On Monday, June 23, 2008, at 05:13PM, "Charles Ellis" <cgellis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>I don't have Mr. Lindan's timer but I do have the one from RH designs in
>the UK and it's the greatest thing since good bourbon. I can often get a
>print fit to mount in one or two tries.
>
>Charles Ellis
I second this. I'm in my second enlarging meter from RH designs and I love it.
(Its the second because I inadvertently spilled stop bath over the first and
left it powered up over night.)
I find if I can get the print solidly into the ballpark right off the bat
(unmixed metaphor) it gives me more time to fool around with things like using
diferent print developers on the same print.  I find the RH design has a
wonderful interface where it shows just what gray you can expect each point
tested on the negative image to print at.
All the best
Laurence Cuffe