[pure-silver] Re: Typical Printing Waste

  • From: "Nicholas O. Lindan" <nolindan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 15:04:33 -0500

<eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm in the middle of printing an edition (a very small edition) and I'm starting to count my wasted sheets...

With a set-up like that, how can I restrain myself?

I found myself in similar straights a while ago.  If I can get a
decent negative in one try - under all sorts of conditions - why can't I get a decent print in one or two tries 90% of the time?

To this end, I designed some equipment for my own use and now make and sell it.

My typical customer is a retiring photographer faced with printing
a portfolio and is looking for a faster way to get a quality result
with no BS.

The products can be viewed at:
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

The system is based on an extension of the EV system - everything
(paper speed, negative density, light intensity, exposure time, total
exposure) is in stops.  Measuring exposure in seconds makes little
sense and never would have occurred to anyone if the microprocessor
had been invented before the enlarger.

The system, like all systems, won't solve every problem.  There is
always the negative from hell, and the image where you don't know what you want it to look like until you have printed it a half dozen ways. It's strength is often its weakness: it gives you what
you ask for.

The current ad campaign is "Better prints, in less time, with less
waste - Guaranteed.  30-days money back."

I don't sell the timer to the EU or UK, and it is only available
in 90 - 130V 50/60Hz.  For the EU, try RH Designs or Unique Systems.

==
Nicholas O. Lindan
Darkroom Automation
A Unit of Cleveland Engineering Design, LLC
Cleveland, Ohio 44121