[pure-silver] Re: T-Max 400 2

  • From: Charlie Thorsten <charlie_thorsten@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 16:45:10 -0700 (PDT)

John Sexton was indeed using D76 for the new Tmax400.  Here's an excerpt
  from his October 2007 newsletter, where he first talked about the film.  (Note
  that he tested 120 rollfilm, not his usual 4x5 sheets.)

  "I have been processing the new T-MAX 400 120 film in D-76 1+1 for 7 minutes
at 68F with manual agitation for 5 seconds every 30 seconds for normal
development.  I have been using an EI of 250 with the new emulsion, just as I
did with its predecessor. This procedure has produced negatives of excellent
quality for enlarging with a diffusion light source.  The grain structure has
smoothness that to my eye I have never experienced with a film of this speed."

  Hope this helps!
  -Charlie

Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I shouldn't have said I "knew" he tested it with D76, I should have
said I was told by someone who said they knew. But this is the
internet and who knows what is true. I have on pretty good authority
that Kodak considers D76 the standard to judge tests by.

On Apr 1, 2008, at 15:59, Chauncey Walden wrote:

> I don't know what John Sexton used in testing the 400 but for his own
> 100 he uses TMax RS developer.

Access, No Cost.