[pure-silver] Re: Slightly OT...mounting barrel lenses.

  • From: Myron Gochnauer <goch@xxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 11:59:08 -0300

Joe's suggestion it a great one.

For short-term mounting, I have used a kind of putty-like material that is used
to seal cracks around storm windows. A readily available, though somewhat
stiffer, material is the "instant tac" used to stick things to walls.  I buy it
in a "dollar store".  It sticks and seals like all get out, but peals off
without leaving any residue. In my experience it is more likely to come off
completely in one piece than gasket seal and other silicone products, and it
has the advantage of being "instant" (no drying or curing).

Myron