[pure-silver] Slightly OT...mounting barrel lenses.

  • From: Bogdan <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 00:13:45 -0400

Hello all,

I figured that there must be people in this group who have come across the same problem, (and found a solution), namely mounting a barrel lens that is missing it's retaining or mounting ring. I have a Kodak Anastigmat #33 171mm, Kodak Anastigmat 203mm/7.7, and a Russian no name 161mm.

I want to use them with my 3¼ x 4¼ and 4x5 Speeds but how how to secure them to the lens boards? Anybody here find a way around the problem?

Since the they will be use on Speeds, I thought one solution would be to permanently mount, (epoxy?) each lens on a 3¼ x 4¼ Speed lens holder and make an adapter to mount the small board on the larger board of the 4x5 Speed.

Was there ever an adapter made for mounting the 3x4 board on a 4x5 Speed?

I'm open to suggestions.. Gluing them does sound extreme, but since they are barrel lenses, they would only be used on the Speeds. At least they wouldn't be collecting dust, clean, no marks...
All ideas welcome..  Thanks.

How do the Kodak Anastigmats rate?

Greetings,
Bogdan