[pure-silver] Re: Sad news

  • From: Jeffrey Thorns <puresilver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 09:38:01 -0700

I live about a mile down the street from Blue Moon. Without a doubt, my favorite camera store. (Pro Photo Supply comes in second)

When I find old bits and pieces of photo gear in the basement, I usually give it to them. They have also sold some of my old gear on consignment.

Friendly and absolutely committed to film photography. Wide selection of gear and genuinely eager to help you on your silver-lined journey.

Every year, they have a "customer show". They've gotten several local businesses to devote wall space to them for this month-long show. Customer work is printed as 4x6 machine prints because there are soooo many images put up (many hundreds). The venues can get very crowded on opening night.
David Swinnard <mailto:davidswinnard@xxxxxxx>
March 14, 2014 8:32 AM
Blue Moon…specifically searched it out once when we popped down from Vancouver (the northern one) for a weekend. What a find. When I went in there were a number of folks chatting, customers and staff was my take. Hard to tell who was who though as a number of them pointed me in various directions and urged me to look around.

I don’t remember what I bought - some little thing caught my eye, but it was an experience from a past era. It’s a pity I can’t get there more often - my kind of place.

Back in the late ‘70s or early ‘80s I stumbled upon a photo store in downtown Seattle with an ambiance that was similar. It was packed to bursting with photo equipment both new and old. The stuff was literally piled upon every flat surface. The next time I went to find it, the place was a construction site. I don’t remember the name, but I remember the experience.

I used to get the Calumet catalogues, way back, and often used them as references. They had a great discussion of view camera lens types amongst other topics.============================================================================================================To unsubscribe from this list, go to www.freelists.org and logon to your account (the same e-mail address and password you set-up when you subscribed,) and unsubscribe from there.

kironkid@xxxxxxx <mailto:kironkid@xxxxxxx>
March 14, 2014 8:00 AM
*C**huck

We have a shop here in town (Blue Moon), that sells no digital cameras. All used film cameras, film processing and printing. Every time I go in there, they seem to be quite busy.

Russ*