[pure-silver] Re: Sad news

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:49:05 -0700 (PDT)

There were rumors before I moved that Helix had closed but I see their site is
still up.  Are they still around?

On Friday, March 14, 2014 1:20 AM, Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 03/13/2014 01:07 PM, Eric Nelson wrote:
> Man I leave Chicago and everything goes to hell.  Well it was probably headed
> there anyway.
>
> I spent a lot of money there over the years too esp. on photo paper. This
> leaves Chicago without a retail camera store except for Central Camera which
> has been in business since 1899.  They stayed small and survived.  Not sure
> if they can fill the void but nowadays w/so much being ordered online, they
> may just keep cruising for another 115 years staying just as they are.

I worked with some really nice people in their old Bensenville
facility.  They got a lot of my Hasselblad money.

They purchased Zone VI many years ago and were making good
on the lifetime warranties.  I guess that's gone now as well...