[pure-silver] Re: RC to FB

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 15:14:49 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Breukel, C. (HKG)" <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 2:45 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: RC to FB

   You should specify that this applies to Iron-blue toning,
not to Gold toning. Gold does not produce the brilliant blue
of Iron but is very permanent. Iron toning converts the
silver to a form similar to cyanotype. It is affected by
alkaline solutions and too much light but will often
regenerate in the dark. In general, ferricyanide-metal
toners, like Iron and Copper toners, are less permanent than
the raw Silver image.

---