[pure-silver] Re: Potassium Bromide and chlorhydroquinone

  • From: Don Sweet <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 14:51:58 +1200

A few weeks ago there was a discussion on this list about the possible use
of chlorhydroquinone as an anti-fogging developer for old paper, if only you
could find some.  Since then I have found there is a recipe for "Maxim
Muir's Chlorhydroquinone-Substitute Developer" on page 174 of Carson Graves'
book The Elements of Black and White Printing (2ed), which provides a
work-around for the chlorhydroquinone shortage if anyone is interested.
Don Sweet