[pure-silver] Potassium Bromide

  • From: mmagid3005@xxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 19:36:33 -0400

I've been lurking hereabouts for several weeks, soaking in a lot and getting
motivated to get wet again after several years absence.  I have a jar of Kodak
Potassiium Bromide that I've had for many years, and last time I looked, about
10 years ago, it was crystalline powder.  Now it's a solid white chunk.  I'd
like to use some as an additive to Dektol for some very old Ektalure paper, as
I understand Richard recommended.  Has the chemical structure changed, or can I
just chop a few chunks off and mash it back into powder and dissolve it in the
Dektol?

Thanks for any help.

Marty Magid, near Detroit