[pure-silver] Re: Potassium Bromide

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 17:35:27 -0700

I have some that is the same as yours. Old and chunky or solid and I just chop it up and use it and it works fine. Though I am not sure it will do you much good saving old fogged paper. I think you need anti fog #1 or (benzotriazole).
Dennis
On Apr 8, 2008, at 16:36, mmagid3005@xxxxxxx wrote:

I've been lurking hereabouts for several weeks, soaking in a lot and getting motivated to get wet again after several years absence.  I have a jar of Kodak Potassiium Bromide that I've had for many years, and last time I looked, about 10 years ago, it was crystalline powder.  Now it's a solid white chunk.  I'd like to use some as an additive to Dektol for some very old Ektalure paper, as I understand Richard recommended.  Has the chemical structure changed, or can I just chop a few chunks off and mash it back into powder and dissolve it in the Dektol?

Thanks for any help.

Marty Magid, near Detroit
<x-tad-bigger>Get the </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>MapQuest Toolbar</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>, Maps, Traffic, Directions & More!</x-tad-bigger>