[pure-silver] Re: Paperdeveloper for roller transport machine

  • From: Snoopy <snoopy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 17:02:10 +0200

Ciao Claudio,

At 14:49 19.04.2007, you wrote:
><snip>
>UGH. RA4 is colour prints off slides,

I apologize for interfering ...
RA-4 is for color prints from color negatives.
R-3 was for prints from slides but I believe all manufacturers have stopped their production of papers and chemicals.

You are right! I always get confused. Especially also as AGFA calls some processes differently. The C-41 chemistry for film development is the AGFA
process 44 and E-6 development is AGFA process 77.

Well, it's called Ilfochrome since a long time now and it remains the only positive color paper process available:
http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/v2/ilfochrome2.asp
A great process by the way ...

Well, when _I_ did it, (late 70's) it was called Cibachrome and I loved it ! But then I did more b/w and effectively stopped doing colour.

And yes: the prints are phenomenal. I still have se old prints and they look great even today.

Love
Snoopy

Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch