[pure-silver] Re: Paperdeveloper for roller transport machine

  • From: Claudio Bonavolta <claudio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 14:49:38 +0200

----- Message d'origine -----
De: Snoopy <snoopy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 14:16:10 +0200
Sujet: [pure-silver] Re: Paperdeveloper for roller transport   machine
À: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

><snip>
>UGH. RA4 is colour prints off slides,

I apologize for interfering ...
RA-4 is for color prints from color negatives.
R-3 was for prints from slides but I believe all manufacturers have stopped
their production of papers and chemicals.

>so you really need to wash the
>Printo extremely well if you want to use it for b/w to get rid of the
>remaining colour chemistry.
>
>I believe the Ciba dryer is hotter for Cibachromes, this was the
>"other way" to do prints off slides and if I remember correctly Cibas
>wanted to dry a high temp for that special gloss and radiant colours.
>I believe that Ed (Zimmermann) also on this list can tell you more,
>AFAIK he still does Cibas.

Well, it's called Ilfochrome since a long time now and it remains the only
positive color paper process available:
http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/v2/ilfochrome2.asp
A great process by the way ...

><snip>