[pure-silver] Re: Organizational Assistance NEEDED

  • From: Jeffrey Krenzel <jkrenzel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:11:28 -0800 (PST)

Mark,

I organize negatives by date, format, and number of
rolls shot in a year.  For example, a sleeve
containing 120 format negatives might be marked
04-120-70, where 04 stands for 2004, 120 is the format
and 70 is the 70th roll of 120 film shot in 2004.

For 35mm, I just use 35 as the middle number.  (For
sheet film, I just note the year and number of the
negative.)

When I print a negative, I note these numbers on the
back of the print and, for 35mm and 120 film, add the
frame number in a circle.   As I do not have clients,
this system has worked for me for the last 10 years or
so.

Hope this helps.

Jeffrey