[pure-silver] Re: Old Kodak Projection paper :

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:35:45 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barrie Bunning" <barrieb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 11:07 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Old Kodak Projection paper :

> Greetings all;
> I have a few questions for the group :-
>    I have recently come buy 2 unopened packets of  '
> Kodak  Kodagraph  PRQ5 projection paper, it says on the
> label one of a
> range of Kodak Document materials. It is Rough single
> weight, use Wratten
> series OB safelight, made in England.
> Q1.     What color is Wratten OB ?
> Q2.      What developer to use.
> Q3.      What was the 'Original purpose' of this paper.
> I have opened up one packet, in the dark, and my standard
> safelight seems
> OK,  the paper has a really rough texture, is reasonably
> slow to enlarge
> with but seems to be similar to Grade 2.     My test
> images are lovely, but
> the paper is really thin and the base color is a little
> pinkish, but nice.
> I have yet to try toning.   Any Info would be greatly
> appreciated as I have
> 98  sheets of 20" x 16" paper that seems to be in
> excellent condition for
> its age ? .
> Cheers Barrie B.

  The OB was the old standard Kodak filter for graded paper.
The OC has more a more limited spectrum. It is suitable for
any paper which is "safe" with the OB filter but the OB
filter should not be used for papers specifying an OC filter
such as modern variable contrast filters.
  I think Kodagraph was a document copying paper, Dave Valvo
will know.

---