[pure-silver] Re: Old Kodak Projection paper :

  • From: Barrie Bunning <barrieb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 06:07:42 +1100

Greetings all;
I have a few questions for the group :-
    I have recently come buy 2 unopened packets of  '
Kodak  Kodagraph  PRQ5 projection paper, it says on the label one of a
range of Kodak Document materials. It is Rough single weight, use Wratten
series OB safelight, made in England.
Q1.     What color is Wratten OB ?
Q2.      What developer to use.
Q3.      What was the 'Original purpose' of this paper.
I have opened up one packet, in the dark, and my standard safelight seems
OK,  the paper has a really rough texture, is reasonably slow to enlarge
with but seems to be similar to Grade 2.     My test images are lovely, but
the paper is really thin and the base color is a little pinkish, but nice.
I have yet to try toning.   Any Info would be greatly appreciated as I have
98  sheets of 20" x 16" paper that seems to be in excellent condition for
its age ? .
Cheers Barrie B.