[pure-silver] Re: Selenium toning question, was stopbath kills fixer

  • From: anclancy@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 04:39:44 +0000

there is no need to just tone 4 11x14 and toss. it is not good for the
environment, and the selenium is still good.
as it begins to slow down, just add some selenium to the mixture and continue
to use.

I haven't read the directions in a  long time, so i can't comment of the number
of prints per ounce, but as many others, i continue to use the toner, adding as
needed. The last time i topped off a 1:10 ratio was last year some time, and i
tone frequently. Don't remember the last time the other ratios have had to had
additional selenium added.

The directions also, indicate that one can mix the selenium with HCA, which is
no longer considered a wise and necessary directions.

regards,
ann