[pure-silver] Re: New old home, new lab questions

  • From: Howard Efner <hfefner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 12:44:51 -0600

On May 6, 2010, at 10:31 AM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Also, bear in mind that the *kind* of grout you use matters. Wider tile spacings require sanded grout. This is my preference because I think it lasts longer and better than the non-sanded grout and close tile spacing
approach.

Two other thoughts:

The color grout you want is the same as the color of your local dirt - that is the color it will finally go to! White grout does not do well in red dirt country.

Yes, you will want to get a wet saw for large cuts. Also, for fiddley- bit cuts a diamond blade on a 4 or 4.5 inch angle grinder is a life saver.

We also did all tile floors in the house - came in handy when we had some water leaks and a minor flood due to a cloud burst. Just mop up and you are good to go.

Howard