[pure-silver] Re: New old home, new lab questions

  • From: William Harting <wm.harting@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 16:48:54 -0400

Eric, when I had a cellar darkroom, with all my photo life down there,
I found a dehumidifier to be necessary during summer in the greater
Boston area -- the cellar became unbearably humid. And the
dehumidifier made it unbearably stuffy, so I eventually went with an
air conditioner. I'm afraid photographic gear and materials are less
tolerant than humans of humidity (and I lived in Thailand for a year
and a half). For a while I just air-conditioned the darkroom but found
that a room-size AC was able to keep the entire cellar cool and dry.

-bill