[pure-silver] Re: New Member Bio

  • From: "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:46:03 +0800

Dear Mark,

     I sometimes wonder if overseas news reports tally with the real
situation on the ground - but here it is indeed rather sad news. Fires in
South Australia have killed a number of people on the Eyre Peninsula. I
believe Canberra is nervous of a repeat of their experience last year, and
Sydney had the severe fires in the northern suburbs several years ago. Here
in Perth, I have no illusions about the homes up in the Darling Range east
of the city - many are built of wood and a lot of the owners seem careless
of fire breaks. It is just a matter of time.

    I am glad to live on a fairly bare suburban block. We are 10 kilometres
from the ocean and it is hard to set fire to paving bricks. I suppose being
in the flight path of the Flying Doctor service from Jandakot is a
hazard.....

    Uncle Dick