[pure-silver] Re: New Darkroom-Washing Prints

  • From: "Ben R. McRee" <ben.mcree@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:32:24 -0400

I want to thank everyone who offered tips on using a tray siphon. After playing around with it, I found a flow rate where it started to do the periodic siphoning that Randy mentioned. So far I've only tried it with RC paper; fiber will be the next hurdle.

Meanwhile, printing the backlog of negatives accumulated in my period without a darkroom is going well. The only casualty (if you don't count lost sleep and tired feet) is a constant voltage transformer (acquired as part of a package with a bunch of other stuff). I know it's not strictly necessary for black and white, but I figured since I had it I might as well use it. It lasted four hours and then simply stopped working. Not sure if I'll try to have it fixed; the humming noise it made was irritating.

And you folks were right about uneven floors. Both the sink and my other project (a table for the enlarger) wobbled a bit in the garage where I assembled them-obviously a worry for the enlarger stand. But, when I moved them into the laundry-cum-dark room, they sat solidly on the floor! How likely is that?

--Ben