[pure-silver] Re: Loading Jobo Reels

  • From: Lloyd Erlick <lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 09:10:33 -0400

At 10:39 AM 10/19/2005 , you wrote:
>Sorry forgot to mention the corner clipping which
>helps with the 1500 series reels as well.  Also I bend
>the first half inch of the leader back against the
>natural curl to aid/speed the loading process.
>Eric

October 21, 2005, from Lloyd Erlick,

I never clip the leading corners of my 120 films. My experience seems to be
it is not necessary.

But reverse-curling the leadng end of the film strip sounds like a good
idea. I do not do it for every roll, and it seems necessary for only a very
small proportion of rolls. However, when a roll curls inward to much, it
can be very frustrating to try to load.

Maybe the type of film is important. I usually use Kodak film, mainly T-Max
400 (TMY) and a bit of Tri-X. Even these two handle differently ...

regards,
--le
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.
voice: 416-686-0326