[pure-silver] Re: Kodak discontinues certain chemicals

  • From: Martin Jangowski <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:26:43 +0100

Richard Knoppow wrote:

If Kodak stops making chemicals can film be far behind? The problem is that Kodak has a great deal of sophisticated knowledge which is not shared so probably no one will be able to exactly duplicate what they do. Especially true of film.

There are more unfortunate news from Germany: my father-in-law lives in Vaihingen/Enz a few hundred meters from the old AGFA chemical plant (by now Connect Chemicals Production & Services GmbH <http://www.vaihingen.connectchemicals.com/>). This is where the whole bunch of photochemicals formerly made by AGFA (like Rodinal etc.) are still made. He heard through the grapevine that they are laying off all workers at the end of the year... doesn't sound very good to me.

Could be false alarm, but I just checked my Rodinal stockpile...

Martin