[pure-silver] Re: Kodak discontinues certain chemicals

  • From: Horvath Krisztian <hkcsii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 10:16:34 +0100

If I understood well, the second column is the suggested replacement for the stuff being discontinued, so the 5L Xtol pack still will be available, and will be the replacement of the 50L package.

Regards,
Chris

Claudio Bonavolta wrote:
Huh ! There are various film developers in common sizes for amateurs like us !

Xtol, D-76 and HC-110 among others ...

And for Xtol, I checked B&H and Adorama websites and I don't see any other
package other those that are discontinued (5 and 50 liters), does it mean Xtol is
completely gone ???
As, and except some Ryuji's formulas, there are no real replacement for it,
this means stocking, stocking, stocking ...
Or, can we ask Kodak to publish a formula for a reasonable replacement ?

Regards,
Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch