[pure-silver] Re: Kodak Enlarging Lens

  • From: Eric Maquiling <emaquiling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 06:02:59 -0700

> enlarger set for about 8x10 prints. Result: the two are very
> close but I think the old Kodak lens may be slightly better.

Richard, that is good news.  I have an Ektar 100mm lens which I use
quite a lot.  With 7 1/2 X 7 1/2" square prints, I cannot noticably
tell the difference between that lens and the Componon-S that I use
(an 80mm).  I love the industrial look to these Ektar enlarging lenses
as well.

Do you notice that the retaining ring is a bit larger than the 39mm
thread?  I wonder if the 100mm is like that.  Does your 75mm use a
regular 39mm lensboard locknut?

--
Eric