[pure-silver] Re: Jobo Processor advice - Whole New Can of Nematodae

  • From: "Edward C. Zimmermann" <edz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:20:46 +0200

Quoting Stein <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> prints will be RA 4 colour - on R/C paper I believe - can I get away with it
>
> in the drum?

Of course! If it works with film why not paper? And it does. Rotation is
very effective and you have the water at the right temperature. A few changes
of water every 30-60 sec. and your done.

>      If I can get some of the stabiliser, will this be usable in the drum

It should be easy to source from wherever you get your professional colour
chemistry from.

> without jiggering anything up? If I use the stabiliser, do I give the print

Of course. What should it jigger, resp. bugger, up? Its a good final rinse.

> a short water wash in-drum afterwards to clear out the chemical?

Ack. Wash and dry..

>     Sounds like this may be more convenient that I had planned on. The
> production of 20" x 24" prints will be new to me and I daresay I won't be
> producing many per session so the time spent washing in the drum will not

In a Jobo one can't produce too many prints per session (which is fine since
20x24" RA-4 paper does not grow on trees).

> impact too heavily on the session.

Edward C. Zimmermann, Basis Systeme netzwerk, Munich
Office Leo (R&D):
   Leopoldstrasse 53-55, D-80802 Munich,
   Federal Republic of Germany
http://www.nonmonotonic.net